Art on Track was started in 2013 as a show case for local artists. The event comprises a joint exhibition, as well as a themed competition with a R20 000 prize. The competition pieces are judged by the public, overseen by a panel of judges. All artists are encouraged to take part, and exhibition pieces are exhibited at no cost, apart from a small commission upon a sale. The event takes place during the same time frame as the Klein Karoo Klassique, and many visitors are received at the exhibition hall . The exhibition opens with an opening night, and concludes with an auction of the artwork.
Success of the event
From humble beginnings in 2013 with sales of around R25 000, to 2017 where sales exceeded R125 000, the event has grown steadily each year, with artists from all over the region participating. The event is not restricted to fine art, and many crafters partake each year.
Art on Track 2018
4-12 August 2018
To be confirmed in Calitzdorp
11 August 2018
Winning Prize Monies
Delivery of artworks
Artworks can be delivered to the Calitzdorp Tourism Office :
Courier or in Person - 3 Voortrekker Road Calitzdorp (Monday to Friday)
By Post - PO Box 190 Calitzdorp 6660
Sandy Chaitowitz : Chairperson Arts Commitee : sandy.chaitowitz
Erina Meiring : Calitzdorp Tourism : Tel: 0442133775: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Muuren : General Enquiries : Tel: 0832854751 : email: email@example.com
Banking Details and Payments
Please submit electronic payments as follows:
Calitzdorp Tourism Buro, Standard Bank, Acc No. 283528648, Branch Code 050014 (or universal).
Please use the following format for reference : AOT and your name eg. AOTjohnsmith
- Paintings and Photography are limited to A2 ( 42x 59.4) in size, unframed. Sculptures – no limit to size.
- There is a fee of R100.00 per entry.
- The art works must be current and not have been previously exhibited.
- There will be a limit of 2 entries per artist for the competition.
- All work must be made available for auction
- Availability of space will dictate how many pieces may be entered for the exhibition which will have no particular theme or size restriction.
- Artwork for the competition to arrive by 22 July 2018. This has been extended to 31 July
- All artwork must arrive ready to hang.
- Full particulars of artist, price, medium and work title must accompany artwork.
- All costs for delivery and return of paintings is for the artists account